Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ham & Spinach Pasta

This is the second time this week that I tossed an egg with pasta, so I thought I'd share. I know that an egg goes in carbonara sauce, but I don't know what all else. My method is just a quick way to use leftovers out of the fridge using the egg as a binder.

Photobucket

1/2-1 c diced cooked ham
1 c fresh spinach
1 egg
2-3 tbs milk
salt and pepper
2-3 tbs grated parmesan cheese
1 c cooked pasta

In a medium non-strick skillet, saute the ham to take the chill off and brown it a little. Meanwhile, cook/reheat the spinach and pasta in the microwave for 1-2 minutes covered with a wet paper towel.

In a small bowl, beat together the egg, cheese, milk, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

In the skillet, toss everything together with the ham. Cook for about 3 minutes, tossing the mixture with tongs or stirring with a spoon, until the egg is cooked.

Serve with additional cheese, if desired.

1 serving if main dish, 2 if served as a side

No comments:

Post a Comment