Saturday, November 27, 2010

Fall Banana Bread

I've never really made a shaped cake or bread until this one. I always worried that the entire product would be ruined by failure to remove it properly from the pan. However, finding an abundance of rotting apple bananas (extremely ripe, not really rotting), I couldn't resist the urge to try this pumpkin loaf pan that my auntie bought from William Sonoma. It turned out beautifully, I must admit. I was a bit worried that the bread was darkening too fast as a result of the color of the metal pan, but it worked fine. This recipe is the same as I use for my Easy Banana Muffins, just with a slightly longer cooking time. Maybe next year, I'll try a pumpkin bread recipe.

Photobucket

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup toasted walnuts, if desired

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in the bananas, mix well. Add the flours, baking soda, salt, oatmeal, and walnuts stirring just enough to moisten. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Serves 8-10

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment