Sunday, November 6, 2011

Spaghetti and Meatballs

I absolutely love my turkey meatball recipe--that recipe really turned me on to meatballs despite being a pasta fan. Thus, when I saw this recipe at Finding Joy in My Kitchen, I leaped to try it. Unfortunately, they turned out rather dry. Maybe I over-cooked them? Maybe I didn't use ground beef with enough fat in it? (I used 93/7). Maybe I shouldn't have added a bit of cheese? Maybe I should have sauted the onions as I do in my turkey meatball recipe. With all these things to adjust, I'm posting the recipe.

Photobucket

1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1/4 c onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. dried, minced garlic (or 2 fresh cloves)
1/4 C panko bread crumbs
1/4 c parmesan cheese, shredded
salt & pepper
Pasta
3-4 C spaghetti sauce

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine all ingredients except pasta and sauce. You may wish to first saute that onions and garlic.

Bake on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper for 20-25 minutes.

Serve over pasta and sauce.

Serves 2-4

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment