Friday, February 10, 2012

Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls

Happy Friday. Here's great chocolate cinnamon roll recipe that I found from The Naptime Chef. It's ooeey-gooey chocolatey goodness. I didn't even make the vanilla glaze provided in the original as they didn't need it. These are definitely a chocolate roll, as opposed to a cinnamon roll (I'm still looking for the perfect recipe for that). I must warn you that this recipe makes a ton, at least two dozen. Half went in my freezer...and the other half were devoured in two days. Naturally, I used my breadmaker for the dough but the original recipe has directions to use your stand mixer. Enjoy!

Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
Photobucket

Dough
1 cup milk
3 TBS butter, melted
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp kosher salt
1 large egg, slightly beaten
2 1/4 tsp rapid-rise yeast

Filling:
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 TBS ground cinnamon
1/2 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

In my breadmaker, I added the ingredients in the order listed. The egg was a little tricky since it's important for the yeast not to get wet. I just made sure that my mountain of flour that held the yeast was tidy. Set breadmaker to "dough" cycle.

Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.

Roll dough into 14×12 rectangle. Spread the butter mixture over it, leaving a half-inch border all the way around. Then evenly sprinkle in the chocolate chips. Roll up the dough lengthwise and cut it into ½-inch wide slices.

Cover rolls with a towel. Allow them to rise for at least one hour.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes until they are golden brown.

Makes about two dozen rolls.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment