Monday, September 10, 2012

Menu Plan for Week of September 10th

Last week's menu plan went fairly well. Of the seven dinners I'd planned, I prepared all five of the meals scheduled for Monday through Friday, though we had taco salad on Thursday and the turkey bolognese on Saturday. Sunday was leftovers which leaves two meals to carry over to this week.

I also made all three ice creams, although only the Coffee Chocolate Ice Cream from MyRecipes.Com was a hit out of the ice cream maker. The Chocolate Ice Cream from Tracey's Culinary Adventures is good but a bit grainy even though I was certain my chocolate melted completely. Finally, I will give the Brownie Batter Frozen Yogurt another shot as I think the fault lay with my using Yoplait yogurt rather than Dannon (or generic) as my base--Yoplait has a really strong taste which out-shined the chocolate.

Here's what's cooking this week. In addition to listing the meals I expect to prepare for dinner, I'm also noting what I need to do the evening before which will hopefully help me remember. Below you'll also find an assortment of desserts and other goodies which I hope to make to finish ingredients on hand or for the freezer.


Monday - Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and broccoli.
For next day: Defrost ground turkey.

Tuesday - Pasta with Turkey Meatballs and broccoli
For next day: Defrost shredded beef.

Wednesday - Beef Enchiladas (shredded meat in freezer), will try with flour tortillas instead of corn, and salad.
For next day: Defrost chicken breasts and marinate

Thursday - Garlic Balsamic Crusted Chicken with Wild Rice and Zucchini.
For next day: make pizza dough; defrost wings

Friday - Homemade Pizza (using my trustworthy dough recipe) and wings.
For next day: Defrost ground beef

Saturday - Homemade Hamburger Helper with salad or other green veg.
For next day: Defrost stroganoff

Sunday - Beef Stroganoff (freezer) with salad or other green veg.

Also Cooking:
Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
Blueberry Corn Muffins
Vanilla Yogurt in my awesome yogurt maker (recipe to come)
Make more Coffee Chocolate Ice Cream and maybe try Dark & Delicious Chocolate Ice Cream

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment