Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cleaning House For the New Year

As the new year approaches, one of my goals will be to get back in the swing of blogging on all my blogs. I've been fairly good about Project Little Blueberry but have neglected this blog quite a bit and all bit abandoned my crafts blog since the baby was born. In most cases, particularly in my kitchen, I have material but haven't made the time to write up the recipes or have gotten lazy about picture-taking. However, I'm coming to terms with the fact that not every recipe needs a picture. Heck, I bet a number of recipes on the blog would seem more appetizing if not accompanied by a poorly lit and staged picture given my photography talents. Thus, my goals between now and the end of the year are as follows:

Goals For the Last Days of 2012
1) Clean out the drafts folder and get posted whatever I can, picture or no picture. I've been working on this for a bit this morning and am almost through the 8-10 posts that have been hanging out in various stages of incompletion. Look for a bunch of those posts in the coming days.

2) Post all the recipes that I have pictures for that I made during the last three weeks. That includes a yummy one for Kalbi (Korean beef short ribs), beef stock, apple cinnamon pancakes, smoked gouda mac and cheese, turkey wild rice soup, cranberry-walnut caramels, and cheddar potato soup. I'm pretty sure I have pictures for nearly all of those.

3) Update the recipe index! This is a continuous struggle of mine, but I hope to get it done. I've also realized that some of my oldies but goodies recipes which were imported from the old Geocities blog never made it onto the index so I'll work to rectify that.

Wow, that's a lot more than I thought to do but here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment